We are seeking a self-motivated and talented communications manager to lead Pantau Gambut communications department. In this position, you will produce high-quality communication materials that engage the public and stakeholders and build brand recognition. You are responsible for overseeing the implementation of both internal and external communication strategies, including planning and developing external communication channels strategies like social media platforms, websites, and media relations, writing, editing, and reviewing Pantau Gambut's communication materials, including creating informative content, press releases, articles, and media opportunities to share our organization's campaign and awareness. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with brilliant presentation and organizational skill.
- Determine strategic communications campaigns.
- Develop a well-structured, compelling, and persuasive strategic communication strategy with clear priorities aligned with the programs and campaigns. Monitor their success to help further organizational goals.
- Define key performance indicators for each communications channel that will indicate a campaign's success.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with the media, journalists, and key influencers to advance the Pantau Gambut campaign agenda.
- Define key performance indicators for each communication channel that will indicate the level of success of the campaign.
- Create internal communication protocols and initiatives that will boost employee morale.
- Foster a culture of excellence in teamwork throughout Pantau Gambut.
- Build close and effective collaboration within the Pantau Gambut team and with other partners.
- Participate in the management of the Pantau Gambut office as a management team member and contribute to the development of Pantau Gambut in line with the Association's strategy.
- Develop and ensure the communications department's strategy and implementation align with the program strategy and design of Pantau Gambut.
- Ensuring the effective, efficient, and impactful performance of Pantau Gambut communications department through good management of all departmental resources (human resources, technology, and other potential channels) and innovations in the communications and digital fields.
- Coordinating and facilitating the overall plan of the communications department by working closely with the team under his direct management in planning and developing synergistic work programs.
- Realizing the resulting strategic plan to deliver a high-quality program and campaign communications.
- Develop a plan and implement a communication strategy in detail, examine and provide input for improving work plans and budgets submitted by the team under their management, and ensure quality communication strategy standards to improve work program performance, and ensure timely, appropriate, and quality results with the approval of the Coordinator National.
- Controlling and reviewing the communications department budget to ensure that available budgets are used efficiently and promptly by internal audit policies and procedures, and requirements in collaboration with the Finance department
- Conducting 3-month internal monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of communication programs approved by the National Coordinator.
- Identify and communicate with the National Coordinator any issues identified within the communications department with suggestions for resolution.
- Assisting National Coordinator in preparing organizational reports.
- Coordinate the internal documentation required for project implementation.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting to the National Coordinator, both narrative and financial reports.
- Ensure adherence to good practice guidelines in every element of the project. Perform other duties as directed by the National Coordinator.
- With the National Coordinator, build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government and private sector, organizations, academics, media, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Represent Pantau Gambut's point of view at public events at the direction of the National Coordinator. Fundraising.
- Assist the National Coordinator in identifying potential funding opportunities and preparing funding proposals for donors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential donors.
- Proven professional experience of min. 5 years in communications within the environment, forestry, climate, social science, and related issues.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a relevant field.
- Prior work in a non-government organization preferred.
- Experiences in developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating development/advocacy initiatives.
- Experience and proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Articulate, versatile, and strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, and professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including presenting concepts verbally.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, partners, and networks.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and work under pressure.
- Ability to think creatively and collaboratively about all elements of communications work.
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high-quality work products.
- Ability to travel and work in an insecure area with the flexibility to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Fluency in both Bahasa Indonesia and English, with a strong emphasis on written and spoken communications (additional language skills are welcome).
- Legally able to work in Indonesia.
- Excellent organizational, planning skills, and leadership abilities.
- Superior project management and time management skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
This position will be based in Jakarta with full-time with fixed-term employment agreement for 12 months, with the possibility to extend based on results and performance.
A written test will be given to candidates who pass the interview stage. Send your cover letter and CV to: [email protected]
Email subject format: Comms Manager PG_(Your Name), by 15 March 2023.